Yeah Right… ok so i say that everytime i go on a several month long break… Sorry… I will be trying to be more dedicated to this blog and to everything else i have going on in my life. I have truely fallen behind in a lot of things… cept reading… I have read a boat load of books and i still have hundreds more to read.
I will be changing or removing most of the bars on the left side of the screen… I will be overhauling my projects and getting to work on very specific goals.
That said i have a novella to write, two shorts to rewrite, a novel to finish (just rough and it will be getting an entire overhaul, top to bottom, but i really want to finish the rough first!!), a world to create (VERY ambitous project that is merely a kernal right now, just a budding seed)… I also have to do the third draft of another novella and then write a query for that… so there it is… laid out in a stark and not too detail laden paragraph.
So moving on… Reading… I stopped my list at 101 books read and about 11K more pages over last year!! 09’s 100 books included a bunch of graphic novels and more novellas… this year i really dug into several meaty tomes. So for your consideration my 2010 reading list:
1. Brent Weeks—Night Angel v.2 Shadows Edge. Fantasy.
2. Brent Weeks—Night Angel v.3 Beyond the Shadows. Fantasy.
3. Brian Lumley—Harry and the Pirates. HC. Novellas. Horror.
4. Richard Kadrey—Sandman Slim. HC. Urban Fantasy. (his 1st novel) *
5. Skipp and Spector—The Light at the End. Splatterpunk *
6. Keene—Darkness on the Edge of Town (PB edition). Horror.
7. Scott Nicholson—They Hunger. Horror.*
8. Mike Mignola—Hellboy Vol. 8 (GN) Darkness Wakes.
9. Gonzalez & Keene—Clickers 2: The Next Wave. Creature Feat. Horror.
10. Garth Ennis—Punisher MAX v.1: In the Beginning (GN)
11. Garth Ennis—Punisher MAX v.2: Kitchen Irish (GN)
12. “Richard Castle”—Heat Wave. Crime/Mystery *
13. Dan Abnett—Horus Heresy v1: Horus Rising (Warhammer 40K Black Library) SF/F *
14. Jeffrey Thomas—Boneland. (Project Darkside Digital Editing program.) SF/Hor *
15. Rick Hautala—The Mountain King. (2nd book by him ever read). Horror.
16. William Miekle—The Amulet (Midnight Eye Files). Mystery/Hor/Weird*
17. Richard Laymon—Endless Night (my 6th Laymon novel). Thriller/ horror
18. John Skipp’s Zombies (massive anthology). Horror.
19. Brian Keene—Hail Saten Vol. 4: Leader of the Banned. (Black Volt #3). Non-Fic.
20. Robert Davies—Hiram Grange and the Digital Eucharist (#3) [Reviewer PDF]. MIX*
21. JF Gonzalez & B. Keene—Clickers 3: Dagon Rising. (DB HC). Creat.Feat./Horror
22. Mitchel Scanlon—15 Hours. Warhmammer 40K Mil.SF.*
23. Jim Butcher—Changes. Dresden Series. U.Fan.
24. Jeff Strand—Single White Psychopath Seeks Same. Thriller-Hum.
25. DNW—Grail Covenant v1: To Sift Thru Bitter Ashes. (Vamp. Dark Ages)
26. Len Kaminski—Iron Man: Warmachine. (GN)*
27. Brian Keene—The Cage (ARC) horror.
28. Nate Southard—He Stepped Through. (Mythos/Horror)
29. Nate Kenyon—Sparrow Rock *
30. Edit Keene—Of Keene Interest #2 (Newsletter)
31. Cullen Bunn—The Sixth Gun #1 (Comic)*
32. James Moore—Under the Overtree. (Horror)
33. Garth Ennis—Punisher MAX vol. 3 (GN)
34. Tom ERB—Tones of Home (Hor. Novella)
35. Tim Lebbon—Assassins V2 Pieces of Hate. (Dark Fant.) Novella
36. Ken Bruen—The Guards (1st Jack Taylor, Crime)*
37. Brian Lumley—Necroscope: The Plaguebearer. (Horror, Lost Yrs)
38. Warren Ellis—The Authourity vol. 1 (GN)*
39. Jim Palmiotti & Justin Grey—Jonah Hex v1 Face Full of Violence (GN)*
40. Palmiotti & Grey—Jonah Hex v2 Guns of Vengeance (GN)
41. Edward Lee—The Black Train (Horror, Leisure PB)
42. Steven Erikson—The Deadhouse Gates (Malazan V2, Epic Fant.)
43. Richard Wright—Hiram Grange and the Nymphs of Krakow (#5)*
44. Wrath James White—Everyone Dies Famous in a Small Town. (Horror)
45. Andy Deane—Third House (horror)*
46. Joe Hill—Locke and Key vol. 2 Head Games. (GN HC)
47. “Logan Saville”—Monster Town/ Butcher of Box Hill (Flip Book, Horror)
48. Gord Rollo—Crimson (Horror)
49. Neil Colquhoun—Resurrection/Plan 9: Digital Chapbook. (horror/ fict.)
50. DNW & Bret Savory—My Eyes are Nailed Shut by I Still See. (Weird)*
51. Joe Abercrombie—Best Served Cold (Fantasy/ Revenge)*
52. Kelly Laymon (editor)—Excitable Books (Gross Antho)
53. Jim Moore—Smile No More (Manuscript, Horror)
54. Brian Keene—Last Zombie: Dead New World #1 (horror/ comic)
55. Cullen Bunn—Sixth Gun #2 (Weird Western/ Comic)
56. Brian Keene—A Gathering of Crows (Horror)
57. Michael Marshal—The Straw Men. (Thriller)*
58. Steven Shrewsbury—Stronger Than Death. Horror.
59. Doug Bradley—Behind the Mask of the Horror Actor. Non-Fict. Signed.*
60. Joe R Lansdale—The Drive In. Comic Adaption.
61. Steven Erikson—Memories of Ice v3 Malazan BotF. Epic Fant.
62. Lucy Snyder—Installing Linux on a Dead Badger (Collection)*
63. Lucy Snyder—Spellbent. (Urban Fant.)
64. Gary Braunbeck—Keepers. (Horror…??)
65. Bryan Smith—The Killing Kind. (Slasher Horror)
66. Neil Colquhoun—Storm Clouds v. 1 The Long Road. (Manuscript)
67. Nicholas Kaufman—Chasing the Dragon (Horror)*
68. Joe R. Lansdale—Dead in the West (weird western)
69. W.D. Gagliani—Wolf’s Trap. *(horror/cop)
70. Neil Colquhoun—Frank. (thriller/ horror. Novella)
71. Ian C Esslemont—Night of Knives. *(Malazan Prequel, Epic Fant.)
72. James A Moore—The Wild Hunt (Werewolf horror)
73. Simon Clark—Blood Crazy (Zombish-horror)
74. Strand, Wilson, Konrath, Crouch—Draculas (Ebook, Horror Pre-Review)
75. Douglas E Winter, Editor—Prime Evil (ARC, Horror Antho 1988)
76. Weston Ochse—Empire of Salt (Horror, Zombies)
77. Al Sarrantonio—Halloweenland * (3rd in series)
78. Michael Knost, Editor—Legends of the Mountain State. (Antho)
79. C. David Conner—Dust of the Dead *(SideShow artbook, weird western)
80. F. Paul Wilson—The Keep *(First in the adversary cycle)
81. Neil Colquhoun—Frank version 2 (horror crime novella)
82. Cherie Priest—Boneshaker (horror Steampunk)*
83. Jim Butcher—Side Jobs (Dresden Antho)
84. Greg Gifune—Children of Chaos (horror?)*
85. Darren Shan—Cirque du Freak #1: Living Nightmare (YA Horror)*
86. Glen Cook—Cruel Zinc Melodies (Garret PI #1? Hardboil Det./Fantasy)
87. Graham McNeill—Storm of Iron (Warhammer 40K Chaos Mar.)*
88. Edward Berglund, Editor—The New Disciples of Cthulhu. (antho)
89. Chris Golden, Editor—The New Dead (Antho)
90. Darren Shan—Crique du Freak #2 The Vampire’s Assistant. (YA Horror)
91. David Niall Wilson—Ancient Eyes.
92. Darren Shan—Cirque du Freak #3 Tunnels of Blood (ya Horror)
93. James A Moore—Cherry Hill (Crowley Library)
94. John Joseph Adams, Editor—Living Dead (antho)
95. Jeff Strand—Casket for Sale, Only used Once (Mayhem #3)
96. Lucy Snyder—Shotgun Sorceress (Jesse Shimmer #2)
97. Darren Shan—Cirque du Freak #4 Vampire Mountain
98. Darren Shan—Cirque du Freak #5 Trials of Death
99. John Joseph Adams, Editor—Living Dead 2 (antho)
100 Scott Lynch—Red Sails under Red Skies (Gent. Bastards #2)
101 Brent Weeks—Lightbringer #1 Black Prism
Any entry with an * in it is a first time author read… meaning its the first book I’ve ever read by said author.
Anyone interested in keeping up with what I read while i read it can come on over and follow me at GoodReads (a site i discovered half way thru this year and just marvelous!!) http://www.goodreads.com/dathar
Anywho… I have been pretty sick for this last week… so that is how i ended my year… I hope the meager few of you who read this blog are doing far better amd i also hope that you’re all with me in wanting a better 2011.
Welcome back to my blog,